This time when I went, the basketball court was taken up by stupid little kids, so I played racquetball by myself instead. I had some major realizations while I was in that enclosed space:
- Racquetball courts are what I imagine solitary confinement to be…except bigger and less sweaty.
- If you play the short way (against the side walls), it’s really hard.
- Who decided to spell racquetball with a “c”? Why can’t it be “racketball” or even “raquetball”?
- When you play alone, you can hit the ball as hard as you want without worrying about hitting your friend and giving her a bruise (sorry, Tracy).
- You shouldn’t try to do wall jumps, even if you’re by yourself.
- I feel rebellious when the door recommends that I wear protective eye gear but I don’t.
- You should play on the courts without windows if you want to keep your dignity.
- My backhand needs some work.
My racquetball session was a great time for reflection. Next time, I’ll take paper and a pen so you can enjoy all the unnecessarily unnecessary thoughts like these.